Did you know that 58% of buyers say that sales reps are unable to answer their questions? Do you have a way of tracking this at your organization? If not, it’s worth doing some research as you could potentially be slowing down, or worse, losing out on sales.
The market has changed dramatically over the last 10 or so years. Now buyers have access to a lot more information about products and services on the internet, and as such, will spend time doing their research before making a purchasing decision. It’s therefore imperative that your sales team know your product like the back of their hand, so they can skillfully convert more sales.
But with the average turnover rates for sales teams being around 34% and studies showing that 84% of sales training is forgotten after 3 months, staying on top of training is no mean feat. Companies should provide sales training on a regular to ensure their teams have up to date product and business knowledge. In this blog we’re exploring how often you should be running training sessions, the benefits of using online tools and how the Wranx platform can help.
How often should you provide sales training?
- Frequency: The frequency of sales training can vary depending on factors such as the industry, company size, and specific needs. However, it is generally recommended that organizations should provide regular training sessions throughout the year rather than relying on one-time or sporadic training event
- Monthly or Quarterly: Many companies allocate monthly or quarterly training sessions to reinforce sales skills, introduce new strategies, and address any knowledge gaps. This approach enables sales teams to stay updated with the latest industry trends and best practices
- Consistency: Consistency in sales training is crucial for long-term success. Instead of overwhelming salespeople with extensive training all at once, breaking it down into smaller, consistent sessions allows for better retention and application of knowledge
- Onboarding and Continuous Development: Providing initial onboarding training for new hires is essential to equip them with foundational sales skills. Additionally, ongoing training and development should be part of the company culture to support skill enhancement and ensure that sales teams stay ahead of market changes.
- Adaptive Training: It’s important to adapt the training frequency based on the needs of individual sales teams or individuals. For example, if there are new products or services, significant market shifts, or specific skill gaps identified, more frequent or targeted training sessions may be necessary.
- Evaluation and Feedback: Regularly evaluating the effectiveness of the training programs and gathering feedback from salespeople can help refine the training strategy and adjust the frequency as needed.
- Remember, the frequency of sales training should be customized to fit the unique requirements of each company and its sales teams. By investing in regular and well-designed sales training, companies can enhance the skills, knowledge, and performance of their salesforce.
The benefits of using sales training software
- Personalize Training: One of the biggest benefits of sales training software is that it allows you to personalize your training program. Every sales team is different, and within those teams individual needs will vary. By using training software, instead of traditional classroom-style learning techniques, you can easily create individualized training programs that cater to your team’s specific strengths and weaknesses. This ensures that your sales team is receiving the training they need to succeed and reach their full potential
- Consistent Training: Consistency is key when it comes to sales training. You want your team to receive the same level of training and knowledge no matter who is conducting the sessions. When you invest in sales training software, you can ensure that your entire team is receiving the same training program. This helps to create a level playing field and ensures that everyone has the same knowledge base to work from.
- Real-Time Feedback: Feedback is vital to the success of any sales team, but it can be challenging to provide individual feedback to each team member. With sales training software, you can easily provide real-time feedback to your team during their training sessions. This helps them to identify areas for improvement and make adjustments quickly. This creates a more efficient sales team that is capable of adapting and growing as they learn.
- Improved Analytics: Analytics play a crucial role in any business, and sales are no exception. By investing in sales training software, you gain access to valuable analytics that can help you evaluate the effectiveness of your training program. You can track data such as completion rates, quiz scores, and engagement rates. This allows you to stay on top of your team’s progress and make changes to your training program accordingly.
- Cost-Effective: Finally, investing in sales training software can save your business money in the long run. Traditional sales training methods can be costly, requiring trainers and travel expenditures, with the average company spending around $2,000 or more annually on training for each sales rep. Sales training software eliminates the need for expensive trainers, and courses can be accessed remotely from anywhere in the world. This makes it a cost-effective solution to your sales training needs.
The benefits of a microlearning platform in sales training
1. Just-in-time information
Microlearning provides sales teams with quick and easily accessible information that they can use immediately in their sales interactions. With bite-sized content, salespeople can access the specific knowledge they need at the moment of need, improving their performance on the job.
2. Versatility of content formats
A microlearning platform allows for the delivery of various content formats, such as videos, quizzes, interactive modules, and infographics, all in one place. This versatility enhances engagement and caters to different learning preferences, making the training experience more engaging and effective.
Designing a microlearning program is cost-effective compared to developing a full-fledged eLearning course. The smaller content units are easier and quicker to create, update, and maintain, reducing training costs while still achieving effective learning outcomes.
4. Accessible anytime, anywhere
Microlearning platforms are digital and accessible online, allowing learners to access training materials remotely or on the go. This flexibility enables sales teams to learn at their own pace and convenience, ensuring continuous learning even in dynamic sales environments.
5. Improved knowledge retention
Microlearning’s focused and concise nature helps improve knowledge retention. By presenting information in small, manageable chunks, learners can absorb and retain key concepts more effectively. This promotes better application of knowledge in real-world sales scenarios.
The added benefits of Wranx sales training software
At Wranx we’ve added gamification elements and scientifically proven learning techniques to our microlearning platform to make our training app more engaging, so that your staff look forward to learning.
Here’s how it works:
- Spaced Repetition: Wranx utilizes spaced repetition, a proven learning technique that optimizes memory retention. By strategically spacing out the delivery of content and reinforcing key concepts at intervals, Wranx helps learners retain information more effectively.
- Bite-sized Learning: Wranx breaks down training materials into bite-sized, easily digestible modules. This approach ensures that learners can engage with the content in short, focused sessions, maximizing their attention span and knowledge absorption.
- Personalized Learning: The Wranx platform provides personalized learning experiences by adapting content delivery based on individual learning needs and performance. Learners receive targeted content that addresses their specific knowledge gaps, making the training more relevant and engaging.
- Convenience and Accessibility: Wranx offers a flexible and accessible training experience. Learners can access the platform anytime, anywhere, using their preferred devices. This convenience allows sales teams to fit training into their busy schedules, increasing engagement and participation.
- Improved Knowledge Retention: With the use of spaced repetition and interactive learning techniques, Wranx enhances knowledge retention. By reinforcing learning over time, learners are more likely to remember and apply what they have learned in real-world sales situations.
- Analytics and Progress Tracking: Wranx provides robust analytics and progress-tracking features. Companies can monitor learners’ performance, track progress, and identify areas that require additional focus or support. This data-driven approach enables companies to make informed decisions and continuously improve their sales training programs.
Overall, the Wranx microlearning platform offers a modern and effective approach to sales training, leveraging spaced repetition and personalized learning to enhance knowledge retention, engagement, and performance.
We work with The North Face to enhance their sales training programs and they have had a hufe amount of success using our app.
How The North Face used Wranx to excel
The North Face utilized Wranx for sales training to deliver retail-related training to their employees. This included customer service, product knowledge, and sales training. By implementing Wranx, The North Face aimed to reduce training time and enhance knowledge retention. The use of Wranx’s customized and scientifically-proven learning approach allowed them to achieve a 75% increase in knowledge retention. The platform provided a convenient and accessible way for employees to engage in training, with content delivered directly to their devices. By combining incentives with training, The North Face successfully engaged learners and improved sales performance. The specific details of how The North Face implemented Wranx for sales training can be found in the sources provided.
We’ve had a really positive experience with Wranx. Not only do our employees enjoy completing the short drills, they have been motivated by the gamification features on the app. Using this platform has had a direct impact on our customers, as a higher level of training has ensured they have an enjoyable experience in store. The uplift in sales is clear, as customers have said that their purchase decisions were influenced by our store colleague’s advanced product knowledge!
SALES TRAINING EDUCATION MANAGER, The North face
Investing in sales training software can help your business in countless ways. From personalizing training to providing real-time feedback, a software platform ensures that your sales team is receiving the training they need to succeed. Additionally, it allows you to evaluate the effectiveness of your training program with ease. Of course, there is an initial investment, but over time, you’ll save money by eliminating travel expenses and trainers. So why not explore the options and see how sales training software can benefit your business today?